- (812) 855-8763
- GA 2027
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madision, 2012
- Chinese Linguistics
- Chinese Language and Pedagogy
- Second Language Acquisition
- Motivation and Learning Strategies
Courses Recently Taught
- EALC-C301 Third Year Chinese 1
- EALC-C301 Third Year Chinese 2
- EALC-C525 Teaching Chinese as a Foreign/Second Language
- EALC-C535 Chinese Curriculum and Material Design
Awards and Distinctions
- College of Arts and Sciences Summer Faculty Fellowship (2013)
- Jiede Empirical Research Grant for Chinese Pedagogy/Chinese Applied Linguistics, Chinese Language Teachers Association (2012)
- Capstone Ph.D. Teaching Award, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2011)
- University Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2007-2010)
- Su, H. (2012). Review of Dörnyei, Z. (2009). “Individual differences: Interplay of learner characteristics and the learning environment”. Linguistics Abroad, 2.
- Su, H. (2011). “The Mental Verb Usage of Bei in Contemporary Chinese” In Proceedings of the 19th International Associate of Chinese Linguistics.
- Su, H (2011). Review of Blevins, J. (2006). “Word-based morphology”. Linguistics Abroad, 1: 279-282.
- Su, H (2011). Translation of Bybee, J. (2006).“From usage to grammar: The mind’s response to repetition”, Selective Papers of Linguistics from English to Chinese, 1: 101-123.
Reprint by Chinese Social Sciences Digest 2011 (12). Beijing: China Academy of Social Science.
- Su, H (2010). "Towards Establishing the Prosody of Heptasyllabic Verse: A Case Study of the Tonal Patterns in Selections from Du Fu’s Kuizhou Songs, Ten Quatrains", In Proceedings of the 9th Phonetic Conference of China.
East Asian Languages and Cultures
Global and International Studies Building
355 N. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington IN 47405-1105
East Asian Languages and Cultures social media channels