- (812) 855-3493
- GA 2029
- PhD, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2014
- Korean language and linguistics
- Korean language pedagogy
- Second language acquisition
- Visual culture
Courses currently teaching
- Lecturer (08/2014 – 05/2016)
Department of East Asian Languages & Culture, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Lecturer (08/2011 – 05/2014)
Korean Language Flagship Center, Department of East Asian Languages and Literature, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
Publications & Presentations
- Kim Jiyoung, et al (2015). “Incorporating project-based language learning (PBLL) to college-level KFL curriculum,” presented at the 20th Annual Conference of American Association of Teachers of Korean (AATK), Monterey, California, June 25-27, 2013.
- Kim, Jiyoung (2013). Invited talk “L2 acquisition of imperfective aspect –ko iss- in Korean,” at EALL Talk Series, East Asian Languages and Literatures, University of Hawaii at Manoa, November, 22, 2013
- Kim, Jiyoung (2013). “The use of the Korean imperfective –ko iss- in discourse,” presented at International Conference on Current Issues in Korean Linguistics and Language Pedagogy co-hosted by University of Hawaii at Manoa and Korea University, Korea University, November 2-3, 2013.
- Kim, Jiyoung (2013). “L2 acquisition of imperfective aspect in Korean,” presented at the 18th Annual Conference of American Association of Teachers of Korean (AATK), Michigan State University, June 26-29, 2013.
- Kim, Jiyoung. (2010). Grammaticalization of Korean sentence ender –(u)l key(yo). In Ik-Hwan Lee (ed.), Harvard Studies in Korean Linguistics XIII. pp.337-348. Seoul: Hankuk Mwunhwasa.
- Kim, Jiyoung. (2009). “Acquisition of modal verbs in Korean as a foreign language and its pedagogical application: Focusing on –keyss and –(u)l kes i-.” In Dian Leong & Jade Sunouchi (ed.), Proceedings of the 13th Annual Graduate Student Conference of the College of Languages, Linguistics, and Literature (LLL), University of Hawaii at Manoa,